Monday, August 3, 2009

How can I clean my suede Puma shoes?

My shoes are mainly creme colored and have gotten so dirty that the suede brush Puma.com recommends does no good. I've also tried special foam suede cleaner that you spray all over the shoe and wipe off but that didn't work.


I don't want to throw them in the wash. Can I possibly use a wet rag with a bit of soap and some kind of oil afterwards so the suede doesn't dry out?

How can I clean my suede Puma shoes?
go to like a shoe store or something


and ask for a suede shoe cleaner


they should probably have some.
Reply:Go to a clothes cleaner (like a drycleaner) that cleans leather and ask what they recommend, or if they can clean shoes.





Once your shoes are clean again -- and whenever you buy suede shoes -- give them a good dose with a leather protectant that is suitable for suede and nubuck. The spray will prevent dirt from soaking into the suede fibres. Then every two weeks, give them a good cleaning with your suede brush to remove any dirt, and reapply the leather protectant spray.





I would not recommend washing your suede shoes, even gently by hand with soap. Water and soap remove the natural oils from leathers (remember, leather is just dead skin!) just like they do from your skin when you stick your hands in soapy water. The difference between your hands and leather shoes is that your hands will heal and produce more skin oils if they dry out -- but leather shoes will just stay dried out with tiny wrinkles and cracks.



Hotel reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment