Friday, July 31, 2009

Overarch on pointe shoes..?

Ok, I've been on pointe for about 6 and a half years now, and the one thing I've always had trouble with is an overarch.. I have extremely high arches that just seem to fold over in pointe shoes. I've done a lot of work to make my ankles stronger but, I still get very painful cramps in my feet, and my tendons hurt after I'm done. I've tried many different ways to put elastic on my pointe shoes to try to help but it pretty much doesn't help. Does any one have any special tricks or ways to modify your shoes (for practice of course they don't have to look nice), that I can try?

Overarch on pointe shoes..?
Wow, you've got a killer arch. Literally speaking, even. I have a lower arch and so my problem is bending down closer to the box, but my friend has really high arches and she had been having problems. She got her shoes double shanked and also one pair have- get this- carbon fiber shanks. They never break. Her shoes don't snap now and she's much more comfortable. I don't know if this will help but I hope your feet get to feeling better!



military loans

No comments:

Post a Comment