Saturday, July 25, 2009

Pointe Shoes Fitting?

Alright, so I have a pair of Bloch Axis width XX. I just got them and have not been properly fitted so obviously I should've done that first but anyway I was hoping those who know could help me first here... Here is how they fit me:





Length: My feet don't slide, or feel cramped except my big toe is very uncomfortable- poking through the top of the shoe. Also the side joint on the big toe pokes at the side of the top of the shoe. This happens when I am standing and on pointe.








Width: on the midpart of my foot, there is gapping where my arch is. I can almost put 2 fingers width on the inside between the shoe and my arch. Is the shoe supposed to fit against my skin there? Does this mean the shoe is too wide?





Can you give me any suggestions on what model to try or what is wrong (or right) with the shoes I own now?





BTW- My street size is 7 and I got 4.5 in these. I have not broken them in yet- these shoes have a special heating/cooling process I haven't done yet.

Pointe Shoes Fitting?
I have never seen nor worn that type of pointe shoe, but you should probably get a longer box for the big toe problem. the space between the arch and your foot though, is just a problem that can't really be fixed. Try different pointe shoes next time. Maybe you'll find a brand that fit you nicely.




buying

No comments:

Post a Comment