Friday, July 31, 2009

What is the difference between Active Shoes and Running Shoes?

So I was looking through the shoe stores the other day looking to buy some good shoes for gym wear and running. But there seems to be two kinds of shoes for sports.





One is active shoes, those are the one with special heels to absorb force like a spring. The other ones are running shoes.


I asked a salesperson what the difference were and he told me that running shoes are more flexible and simply for running obviously. Whilst active shoes are more multiple things like jumping, hiking etc.





I just don't get it. They seem the same to me. I usually run 15-30 minutes everyday. I'm not a serious runner and I also workout at the gym. I really don't know which shoes I should get. I'm thinking of getting the active shoes, cause really I don't see any difference.

What is the difference between Active Shoes and Running Shoes?
While running shoes and active shoes may appear the same, they are, in fact, drastically different.





You'll find that the inside workings of running shoes are developed for more pounding of the pavement and will last more miles than if you were to run in active shoes. You'll find differences in the core, cushioning, stability and even ventilation (and more, too). All of these differences cater to the needs of a runner rather than your everyday schmoe.





If you're looking to pick up running, I'd suggest getting running-specific shoes rather than use indoor soccer shoes or active shoes. Your feet will thank you later. And, the shoes are technically the only piece of equipment you need to go running. If you were playing football you'd invest in the padding and cleats and everything else. Why wouldn't you invest in the right gear for running as well?
Reply:active would be like always on the go type thing. running is if ur running or thing in that nature. but i would say that if u only run at the gym or what not. get the active. it would be less hassel



loan

No comments:

Post a Comment