Friday, July 31, 2009

Track Running Shoes?

I have recently bought a new pair of Adidas Meteor shoes as I wanted to improve my sprinting time but I have no idea on how to run in them?





My current fastest 100m time ( in flat-footed shoes ) is 12.26 secs and I am 14yrs old. How much faster could running in track shoes make me?





I heard that there is a special way of running in track-shoes and so- what is it? And what is running on the balls of your feet? What is the correct way of running a 100/200/400m race in them? (start, middle, end) Could I use track shoes for an 800m race? or are running shoes better?

Track Running Shoes?
First off, your track spikes need to fit your foot like a glove, meaning the size of your spikes wouldn't be the same size as your regular shoes. Also, running an 800, I would suggest a different type of spikes, ones that have a heel part to them, or just regular running shoes.


Second, running on the balls of your feet means staying on the part of your foot that is closest to your toes.


Last, another thing that might improve your time would be to use starting blocks. Spend time with these to determine your settings and learn how to correctly come out of them.


Best of luck to you!



dental

No comments:

Post a Comment